Nursing Leadership and Mangement, Post-Baccalaureate Certificate
For information regarding deadlines and requirements for admission, please see the Guide to Graduate Admissions.
The Associate Dean for Academic Programs reviews the credentials of each applicant in collaboration with faculty from each specialty area. Exceptions to the requirements can be made on the recommendation of the faculty. The Associate Dean for Academic Programs forwards the admission recommendation to the Dean of Graduate Education who makes the final decision.
Applicants must have the following credentials:
- Current unrestricted licensure as a registered nurse in one of the fifty states or validated credentials by CGFNS for international applicants. Residents of North Carolina must hold unrestricted North Carolina licensure as a registered nurse.
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing from a program accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency.
- A personal statement is required for consideration of admission to the Nursing Leadership and Management P.B.C.
- An interview is required for selected applicants for the Nursing Leadership and Management P.B.C.
Certificate Program Requirements
Required: 15 credit hours
This School of Nursing graduate certificate program provides the opportunity for baccalaureate or higher-prepared registered nurses to further their knowledge in Nursing Leadership and Management. All courses are offered online and are designed for working professionals.
- Students must successfully complete at least 15 credit hours during a two-year period of time to earn the certificate.
- Credits generated in the certificate program may be used to meet requirements in a degree program in accordance with the policies of the Graduate School.
- Due to the sequencing of courses, it is advised that students begin courses in the Spring semester.
|NUR 540||Financial Management in Healthcare||3|
|NUR 609||The Role of the Nurse Leader in Advanced Quality and Safety||4|
|NUR 641||Leadership and Management Essentials in Healthcare: Theories and Roles||4|
|NUR 644||Organizational Leadership and Management||4|
|Total Credit Hours||15|