Health Management, M.S.N./M.B.A.
For information regarding deadlines and requirements for admission, please see https://grs.uncg.edu/programs/.
The Associate Dean for Academic Programs reviews the credentials of each applicant in collaboration with faculty from each specialty area. Exceptions to the requirements can be made on the recommendation of the faculty. The Associate Dean for Academic Programs forwards the admission recommendation to the Vice Provost for Graduate Education who makes the final decision.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Current unrestricted licensure as a registered nurse in one of the 50 states or validated credentials by CGFNS for international students. Residents of North Carolina must hold unrestricted North Carolina licensure as a registered nurse.
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing from a program accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency.
- Minimum of one year full-time clinical nursing experience.
- Satisfactory MAT/GRE score.
- An inferential statistics course and health assessment course at the undergraduate level are required prerequisite courses.
- A minimum of 3.2 GPA is required from the undergraduate nursing program.
- A resume.
- A personal statement of 400 words or less that comments on applicant’s nursing background and discusses future goals.
- Three professional nursing references (mix of educational and professional sources).
- An interview is required for selected applicants.
- Nonresidential international students are required to participate in a telephone interview.
Degree Program Requirements
Required: 62 credit hours
Upon entry to the M.S.N./M.B.A. in Health Management program, students should have a working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications in a PC environment. Familiarity with Excel is required.
ECO 250 Economic and Business Statistics I of pre-M.B.A. workshop in statistics is recommended to meet the program prerequisite for statistics.
|Required Courses (62 credits)|
|NUR 540||Financial Management in Healthcare||3|
|NUR 607||Interprofessional/Interdisciplinary Collaboration and Negotiation||3|
|NUR 609||The Role of the Nurse Leader in Advanced Quality and Safety||4|
|NUR 614||Information Technology in Nursing Administration||3|
|NUR 620||Law, Policy, and Economics of Healthcare||3|
|NUR 641||Leadership and Management Essentials in Healthcare: Theories and Roles||4|
|NUR 644||Organizational Leadership and Management||4|
|NUR 645||Strategic Management of Health Care Organizations||4|
|NUR 646||Nursing Leadership and Management Practicum||4|
|NUR 715||Research Methods in Nursing||3|
|MBA 701||Quantitative Analysis||3|
|MBA 702||Financial and Managerial Accounting||3|
|MBA 703||Managerial Economics||3|
|MBA 706||Marketing Management||3|
|MBA 707||Financial Management||3|
|MBA 708||Operations for Competitive Advantage||3|
|MBA 712||Strategic Management||3|
|MBA 741||Capstone Consulting Project||3|
|Total Credit Hours||62|
Please refer to the Required Withdrawal section listed in the M.S.N. requirements: https://catalog.uncg.edu/nursing/nursing-administration-education-msn/#requirementstext.