School-Based Mental Health, Pre-Baccalaureate Certificate
Students will apply for this certificate within the department to aid in course planning/staffing.
A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required. This GPA requirement matches the requirement for enrollment in PSY 472 because students serve as representatives of the Psychology Department and UNC Greensboro in community placements. We believe the field placement experience, which enhances classroom-based instruction, is a critical experience for this certificate.
Students may dip below the 3.0 requirement during their time completing certificate courses, but they will be made aware that they will not be able to complete the certificate without a 3.0 GPA at the time of their enrollment in PSY 472.
Certificate Program Requirements
- Minimum of 18 credits.
- Grade of C- in all required courses to progress in the certificate program.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required.
- Students must complete all courses required for the certificate before enrolling in PSY 472.
|Principles of Learning|
|Introduction to Clinical Psychology|
|Ethnicity, Development, and Psychopathology|
|Changing Behavior in Real World Settings|
or PSY 385
|IQ and Intelligence|
|Psychological Disorders of Children|
|Field Experience in Applied Settings *|
- Students must have a minimum 3.0 GPA before enrolling in this course.
- Requires a specific PSY 472 field placement in a school setting or with child/adolescent populations, as approved by program director.