Higher Education Student Support and Success, Pre-Baccalaureate Certificate
Students will apply for this certificate within the department to aid in course planning/staffing.
A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required. This GPA requirement matches the requirement for enrollment in PSY 472 because students serve as representatives of the Psychology Department and UNC Greensboro in community placements. We believe the field placement experience, which enhances classroom-based instruction, is a critical experience for this certificate.
Students may dip below the 3.0 requirement during their time completing certificate courses, but they will be made aware that they will not be able to complete the certificate without a 3.0 GPA at the time of their enrollment in PSY 472.
Certificate Program Requirements
- Minimum of 18 credit hours.
- Grade of C- in all required courses to progress in the certificate program.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required.
- Students must complete all courses required for the certificate before enrolling in PSY 472.
|Careers and College Success in Psychology|
|Psychological Perspectives on Social Psychology|
or PSY 483
|The Psychology of Thinking|
|Field Experience in Applied Settings *|
- Requires a specific PSY 472 field placement as a peer advisor or in a UNCG student support services office, as approved by program director.
- Students must complete PSY 122, PSY 260, PSY 280, and PSY 341 before taking PSY 472. Students may complete PSY 484 or PSY 483 either before or concurrently with PSY 472. PSY 472 needs to be the final course taken in the sequence of courses for the certificate.