Russian Language and Culture, Pre-Baccalaureate Certificate
Successful completion of RUS 102 or equivalent.
Complete 12 credits of RUS language and RUS literature and culture course work starting at the RUS 203 level (or above) and following the prescribed sequencing and/or meeting the listed prerequisites of the courses applied.
- For students starting at RUS 203:
- For students starting at RUS 204:
- RUS 204 and
- Three upper-level RUS courses (9 credits), with at least 3 credits of "Language" coursework and 3 credits of "Culture" course work.
- For students starting at the 300-level:
- Four upper-level RUS courses (12 credits), with at least 3 credits of "Language" course work and 3 credits of "Culture" course work.
Certificate Program Requirements
- Minimum of 12 credit hours.
- A grade of C- or better in all courses counted toward the certificate.
Select 12 credits from the following: *
|Intermediate Russian I|
|Intermediate Russian II|
|Conversation, Composition, and Grammar Topics|
|Slavic Life and Letters: Topics|
|Major Authors in Russian Literature|
|Major Movements in Russian Literature and Culture|
|Twentieth-Century Russian Literature/Translation|
See "Admissions and Policies" section for specific Progression Requirements including minimum "Language" and "Culture" requirements to be determined in consultation with your academic advisor.