Ancient Greek, Pre-Baccalaureate Certificate
Students who wish to begin the Greek sequence at anything other than the GRK 101 must demonstrate proficiency by taking a placement evaluation in the Department of Classical Studies or receiving transfer credit for elementary ancient Greek at another university.
Students may start their certificate program at the Introductory or Intermediate levels of GRK courses.
- Students starting at the GRK 101 level:
- Students starting at the GRK 203 level:
- Students starting at the GRK 204 level:
- must complete GRK 204 and three of any 300- or 400-level GRK courses from the listed requirements
Certificate Program Requirements
- Minimum of 12 credit hours.
- A grade of C- or better in GRK courses required for the certificate.
- Minimum GPA of 2.0.
Select 12 credits from the following:
|Elementary Ancient Greek I|
|Elementary Ancient Greek II|
|Intermediate Ancient Greek I|
|Intermediate Ancient Greek II|
|The Greek Orators|
|Greek Historical Writers|